200+ Funny Instagram Captions that you can use for all your photos
There’s an overflow of content on Instagram. As millennials move from one social media platform to another, Instagram seems to hook them pretty well.
What makes it so popular? Pictures, stories, live feeds and more importantly— captions.
Funny captions are saviours on days when the world can’t make sense of your feeds.
We live in a super serious world where if you can make someone laugh, there’s a fair chance they will take a look at your profile.
Ok, we all agree that the first step in getting thousands of Instagram likes is a great photo. But, it doesn’t end there. If you want to join the club of Insta elites, then you need more than a good photo – your pictures must be accompanied with a killer caption.
Great, funny, motivating, thought-provoking captions push your posts to the pinnacles of Instagram success.
Captions make your audience laugh out loud, tear up, cry, feel emotional and above all, help them connect with your posts.
And most importantly, captions are excellent tools in promoting your Instagram account turn up on search results. This means you win more followers.
When you are looking at some fun captions, how much is too much is key.
For instance, when you say “Friday, my favorite F word” , can draw a pack of teenagers, but if you are looking at a mature audience, the swearing is not the way to go.
Self obsessed? Play it cool. For all those selfie lovers out there, simple captions that talk about self not in a not-so-obsessed way are the way to go.
- The moment when he says you’re cute
- Life isn’t perfect..But my dress is! #selfieaddict
- I didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.
And then you can play around with song lyrics as fun captions. Take a look at some of these:
- Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments
- Nobody really likes us except for us
- My excuse is that I’m young
- Worrying about your followers, you need to get your dollars up
You can also take inspiration from some of the commonly used quotes and twist them to go with your pictures.
- When nothing goes right, go left instead!
- I’m your worst nightmare.
- What if I told you, you can eat without posting it on Instagram.
- Real men don’t take selfies.
With that said, crafting a great Instagram caption that clicks with your followers requires skill and expertise. You cannot let your caption be an afterthought if you want to climb up the ranks of Instagram elitedom.
So what’s the Solution? Here, in this guide, we give you the best tips that will help you post witty and engaging Instagram captions. Let’s get started!
First things first, What is an Instagram Caption?
Simply put, it’s the text you publish along with the photo you share. This gets published below your picture.
It can include hashtags, smileys, emojis and more.
Instagram places a limit of 1000 words for captions – that’s quite generous. You can share a large text here, without worrying about exceeding the limit.
What more you can also tag your friends and other Instagram followers using the “@” symbol. Start typing the @ symbol, and you get a drop-down list of all people in your list.
Say, you want to tag your friend Adam, just type the @ symbol followed by A and you get a list of people whose Insta handle begins with A.
Choose your buddy’s name from the drop-down list and click on it, to tag your friend in your Insta post.
To include hashtags, just type the “#” symbol followed by the trending word.
You can include any number of hashtags in your post.
Hashtags are an easy way to get more people to discover your posts. With more people seeing it, you can increase the number of Instagram likes for every pic you post.
Hilarious Instagram Captions You Need Right Now
Instagram is a social platform where most users want their posts to be noticed and appreciated.
But just a good photo or video does not guarantee enough attention. Neither does a simple caption.
It is crucial to keep one’s followers engaged with posts and relevant captions, while really reaching out to them. Captions with a touch of humour, or a lot of it, do that job perfectly.
It will be surprising to know that the quality of captions is a determining factor in gaining Instagram followers.
Humour as a Tool for Boosting Followers
Social media marketing experts believe that using humour in your instagram posts and captions can greatly increase your following.
It is not surprising then, that most content on social media that is funny gets viral easily.
As per a study by Moz, the best feature of an advertised content on social media is how funny it can be.
Thus, humour can be an essential prerequisite to a viral page, channel or post on Instagram. Humour is so important that even Barack Obama uses it!
Captions that Tickle the Funny Bone
Since humour has been established as the virtue of social media marketing, there should be no two opinions about using it in captions on instagram.
Not only will followers positively recall particular pages or posts because of their hilarity, but also share them widely with their circle.
Funny Captions for Friends
- I dedicate this post to my pillars of life.On the side are just my stupid friends.
- A friend in need is just..to justify your selfish deeds? Stop using people, amigos.
- You know you are best friends when people suspect there is something between you two!
- I beat myself up over bad decisions but then I look at my best friend and I feel “Can’t be as bad as this one!”
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S, except I am not as good looking as Jennifer Aniston and neither are my buddies
- Together we can take down the world, but for now let me take a selfie.
- If you have not stolen each others’ food, are you even best friends?
- I wonder where my self esteem would be if i had no friends..
- Timon and Pumba
- I like you because you are weird too!
- You think i am dumb? You should meet my best friend.
- Nobody can entertain me more than us
- If we were animals in a circus, we’d be the monkey squad
- I need to be nice to her/him, she/he is going to pay for my food.
- Friends are like reference books, they say they don’t need you but they do.
- I was a really good kid, but then i met my best friend.
- We met for breakfast because we have to complain about our work life.
- We don’t judge each other, we judge others together
- I would move mountains for my friends, but not real ones. Because i can’t. Maybe a mound of dirt, but not too mucky because my skin.
- God wanted me to be happy, so they sent me a pet-my best friend.
- I would have added a hashtag but they look like waffles, and that makes me hungry.
- I’d ask you to not pay attention to this post, but you just like being a little rebel, don’t you?
- If you are reading this, you should go back to your work!
- I am wearing these Nike’s but i still can’t do it.
- I wish i was paid for uploading mediocre posts like celebrities.
College Life Captions that are Funny
- Weekends, are you still there?
- *While doing homework* Alexa, play me Cry me a River.
- Procrastination is my best friend.
- Hello Starbucks? Can i have a mocha good luck please?
- My professor is like Oprah Winfrey, she throws homeworks at us like it’s a car.
- College lectures would be so much fun with Game of Thrones references.
- Look at me enjoying my life while there 1 million assignments due for college.
- So i started a survey for research purposes, and it was found that i am broke.
- Ramen is my new gourmet. Forget masterchef.
- College life hack-take a break between study sessions. Go out. Leave the country and never come back.
- Zombies are real, just come to my college/school.
- I’d rather be at hogwarts.
- Here is a picture of the beautiful sky and not my face because i have dark circles.
- I’d rather go through 7 levels of purgatory than do a class presentation.
- Throwback to those days when life was less terrible.
- Education is okay and all, but have you tried free pizza?
Pet Captions to Make Your Followers Laugh
- “My human annoys me”
- And god said “let there be cuteness on earth”. That’s when dogs came on this planet.
- I want somebody to look at me the way my dog looks at food.
- Dog and cat person? How about we ask them if they are human persons!
- My dog is mad at me because they could smell another dog on my clothes.
- “If i fits, then i sits”
- *puts scarf on my dog* This is lady Patrovski. She sells potatoes on Ukranian streets.
- Sorry i can’t make it. My boss cat has a meeting with me.
- Get a cat they said, it would be funny they said.
Captions for Food that Make You Chuckle
- I eat, therefore I am.
- Et, tu? Fruitus!
- I eat like it’s my last meal on earth.
- Did you say pancakes?!
- I am about the fry life, not the guy life.
- 3 seconds later, this plate had no food.
- I had a fresh white flour bread with sundried tomatoes and lean protein on it, topped with light dressing of cheese….okay fine i had pizza.
- I would like to clear that there is no “we” in food.
- Look at this beautiful salad. It’s a shame i am a cheeseburger person.
- Since chocolate comes from cocoa which is a plant, can i call this chocolate cake a salad?
- Good food more like good mood
- Have cake everyday because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere.
- I am on the 80:20 diet. I eat 80% carbs and 20% more carbs.
- Donut worry, be happy.
- One day i finally followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.
- Why get thinner when you can get more dinner
- I don’t need permission for parmesan
Having trouble clicking food pictures? Have a look at some tips and tricks to click them.
Witty and Funny Quotes in TV Shows and Movies
- “I am big enough to admit that I am often inspired by myself” -Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
- “I am about to do to you what Limp Bizkit did to the music in 90s”-Deadpool
- “So Fetch”-Gretchen, Mean Girls
- (My mom when i complain about petty things)“Kim, there are people who are dying”-Kourtney Kardashian, KUWTK
- “The English language can not fully capture the depth and complexity of my thoughts, so I’m incorporating emojis into my speech to better express myself. Winky face”-Gina Linneti, Brooklyn 99
- “We don’t do that here” -T’challa, Black Panther
- “If God didn’t want me to wear this shirt, he would not have made them rock so hard” -Hyde, That 70’s Show
- “The more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.”-Phoebe Buffay, F.R.I.E.N.D.S
- “Give me a scotch. I’m starving.”- Tony Stark, Iron Man
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”-Gone With The Wind
Funny Captions for Selfies
- I’d like to call this the make-up free look. Now that is a lie.
- I am going to regret this in 3…2…1
- Someone send this to NASA, i’m a star!
Connect & Engage with your Instagram Followers with Funny and Witty Quotes
Every photo you post on Instagram has a story to tell.
If you want to connect with your audience and increase Instagram views and likes, then you need to sell a story along with the photo.
Worried, that your penmanship isn’t quote-worthy enough? No worries dear followers, we’ve compiled some of the best and coolest quotes for you to share on Instagram.
The best part – these are all super funny. After all, ain’t humor the shortest way to reach the heart of your Instagram followers?
Funny Instagram Captions to keep the LOLs coming in
- My bed is a magical place. As soon as I jump into it, it reminds me of all the things I haven’t yet completed.
- Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some are made of wine, sarcasm and everything fine.
- They say don’t try this at home. So, I tried it at my friend’s home.
- If I won the prize for the laziest person, I would be lazy even to go and pick it.
- Friday – My second favorite F word.
- Me in the middle of an important meeting at work. My stomach somehow thinks it’s the right time to practice the mating call of a blue whale. #embarrassing
- For me being in math class is like watching a foreign language movie without any subtitles.
- I’m on a diet. Fifteen minutes later – wipes off an entire cookie jar.
- Maybe people will start using their brain, if we advertise it as a trending app.
- When nothing goes right, just go left.
- This weekend I’m going on a marathon. On Netflix.
- This week I was pulled over by a cop. He said, “Papers.” I said, “Scissors and I win.” Don’t think the cop found it funny.
- My mom – Why is everything in your room on the floor? Me – “Mom, don’t you understand gravity?” #Grounded
- I followed a diet, but then it didn’t follow me back. So, guess what – I’ve unfollowed it.
- I don’t think inside the box. I don’t think outside the box. What the heck – I don’t even know what box everyone is talking about.
- Yes, I run – I run out of patience, time and money. #MyLife
- Just one more cookie. Just one more minute. Just one more episode – Lies I tell myself.
- Don’t get a boyfriend. Get a chocolate. It never judges and it’s always there for you.
- When faced with difficulties, keep on smiling. It drives your enemies crazy.
- I am “pro” for “procrastinating.”
- You never know that you owned a ton of unnecessary stuff, until you start cleaning your room.
- Be the sunshine in your life.
- Life is too short to skip dessert.
- Today is one of those days, when my coffee needs a coffee.
- You can’t find your phone and it was on silent. Too bad, if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it.
Silly Instagram Captions that will Have your Followers Raising their Eyebrows or Hitting the Like Button (Whatever Works)
- When Instagram is down, I just run around town shouting like at random things – flowers, pets and other’s lunches.
- So, you’ve got 20 followers on Instagram? Reality check – That doesn’t make you an awesome photographer.
- Give me the chocolate and nobody gets hurt.
- My superpower is “Sarcasm.” What’s yours?
- I don’t always study. But, when I do, I don’t.
- Say, “Beer Can” in a British accent. That’s you saying “Bacon” in a Jamaican accent.
- I don’t know where I am going. But, I’m going somewhere.
- All I need is a passport and a pair of wings.
- If this politician or his opponent wins the election, I’m outta here. Actually, I don’t care about politics. All I want is to travel.
- My ex and an onion are same. They both make me sad.
- I need six months of vacation, just twice a year.
- There’s nothing like free hot dogs and chili. You end up paying for them later.
- If travelling was free, then you would never see me again. #Wanderlust
- I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
- I don’t know which is tighter – my jeans or our friendship.
- I don’t need a hairstylist. My pillow gives me awesome hairstyles every morning. #hairwoes
- Life is too short to stick with boring hair.
- When people ask me which I value the most – love or food, I usually don’t answer, because I’m busy stuffing my mouth with food.
- Girls and boys are like parking spaces. the good ones are always taken.
- If sleep is so important, then why does school have to start so early in the morning?
Witty Instagram Captions
- A recent study found out that women who are overweight live longer than men who mention it.
- Dear vegetarians, if you love animals so much, then why are you eating all their food?
- A dentist makes money from my unhealthy teeth. Then, why would I trust a product “recommended by dentists?”
- Life is short – No, it’s the longest thing you’ll ever do.
- My relationship status – track pants, Oreos and Netflix.
- I get distracted at breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between.
- Someone said life is like a box of chocolates. Why do I get all the nutty ones?
- Stop worrying about the potholes on the road. Just enjoy the journey.
- Life isn’t perfect. But my hair is. #win
- If life gives you lemons, throw it hard back at the bitch, so that it doesn’t mess with you again.
Humorous Instagram Captions
- Today, is the most Monday-est Tuesday.
- A selfie a day, keeps mental breakdowns away.
- May your day be as good as getting the perfect selfie on the first try.
- All I need is Chipotle.
- We’ll remain friends for life, cos you already know too much shit about me.
- Coffee – because it’s illegal to do crack.
- Yeah, dating is cool, but have you tried stuffed crust pizza?
- They say love is in the air. Is it why the air is so polluted these days?
- I love being me. Maybe with a few less pounds and fewer wrinkles.
- No, I don’t have Ex’s. I just have “Y’s”. why the hell did I date you?
- All you need is love. And, a tiara. And, a tub full of icecream.
- I’m on a seafood diet. When I see food, I eat it.
- I like my coffee just like me. Too hot for ya.
- Need an ark? I Noah a guy.
- Long line at Starbucks. #firstworldproblems
- I tried to be good once. It was horrible.
- Hey, did you swallow magnets? Cos, I find you to be attractive.
- I got back with my Ex…… X box 360.
- You don’t choose the thug life. the thug life chooses you.
- Live, laugh, and love. If that doesn’t work, load and aim fire.
1. Match the Tone of your Caption with Insta’s light-hearted voice
Different social networks have various tones. For instance, jargonized text with serious stuff works well on LinkedIn, but it’s certainly out of place, here on Insta.
The best Instagram posts that attract thousands of comments are ones that have a lighthearted, fun tone.
Instagram is all about bringing out the personable side of brands and people.
Captions that are authentic, genuine, and honest without feeling too stuffy work the best on Insta.
This is why your captions should match the light-hearted banter of Instagram. Here are a few examples of people and brands who do it right.
Chris Hemsworth, aka Thor, is really good at this. His Insta captions are funny and show fans the human side of this superhero.
Here’s another example. Wistia, a video hosting platform keeps it always fun with their witty captions. This helps users engage with the brand without feeling intimidated.
Here’s another one, that shows how it should be done.
2. Write captions in the voice of Others (What?!!!)
This is one highly trending technique used by moms and pet owners. They write captions in the voice of their photo subjects, mostly toddlers who haven’t mastered the art of talking yet or in the voices of their cats, dogs, etc.
Apparently, everyone knows that the captions are from the adult who runs and manages the Instagram account. But, this new point of view makes it refreshing and interesting to follow.
Here are a few examples that show how this is done.
- @ The Pierce Twins – Watch two adorable identical twins chronicle their life journey.
- @Cody Canham – Here, the dog writes what’s on his mind.
3. Pose Questions in your Captions
This helps to create more engagement, which is highly essential if you want to grow your Instagram page. However, remember that asking questions in all your posts can get annoying quickly. Keep it natural.
Here are a few points to keep in mind, while coining Questions. It should be:
- Easy to read
- Applicable to all
Also, remember to pose your question at the beginning of the caption, so that all users can get to see it.
Here are a few examples from Insta users:
Here are a few question ideas to help you get started:
- Do you like……..?
- Yay or nay……?
- Yes or no……?
- This or that……? (Coffee or tea? Cats or Dogs? Cold or Hot?)
- What do you think of………?
- What is your favorite………? (vacation spot, food, color)
- What’s your……..?
- What’s the one word you’ll choose to describe you…..?
- Where are you from……?
4. Metaphor Play
Use creative word plays, metaphors related to your photo. This is a great way to add a bit of fun while describing your picture in a unique way.
Here are a few examples:
@Erin Summer – Listening to a sweet summer playlist
@Michelle Imagery – Carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders
5. Play the Tagging Game
This is a very fun Instagram idea. You get your followers to invite others to join in on the fun. Here are a few ideas to play this game:
- Tag your real-life BFF
- Tag an Instagrammer who would love to meet in life
- Tag 3 people who you’re grateful for
- Tag a person who inspires you
- Tag 3 people who always have your back
- Tag 3 moms who need a hug
- Tag an Insta friend, whom you have met in real life
6. Use Quotes
Quotes are an effective way to make your captions witty and humorous. These quotes can either be directly or indirectly related to something you have posted.
Some ideas for quotes include:
- Motivational or inspirational quotes
- Book quotes
- Funny Sayings
- Lyrics of a song
Here are a few examples:
7. Above all, be Yourself
People will connect with you and your brand when you are yourself. Remember this quote, “You are the best version of yourself.”
Yeah, we know it sounds cliché, but it’s so true. There’s nobody like you in this whole wide world, be yourself and you automatically stand out.
Sometimes, brands get so competitive focusing on the number of likes, winning followers, improving page views that they forget to see the bottom line.
“Instagram is a People Platform. It’s all about Showcasing your Personality.”
Don’t try to fit in, when you could win hearts by standing out. All successful Instagram accounts have the people factor.
Here are some Quick Tips to remember before you Start Penning your Captions
Draft, Draft, Draft
No rule states that you have to write captions and post them on the spot. Trying to come up with witty and creative captions on the go can be pretty stressful. Take your time to prepare the caption, check and re-check it before you post it on Insta.
Try apps like Preview, that help you plan, schedule and prepare your captions so that it’s perfect when you hit the post button.
Stick to the Same Style
The most successful Instagram users follow a similar style of captions in all their posts. This doesn’t mean they post the same thing over and over again. Rather, they stick to a particular style and tone of the text. Wondering why?
- It helps to build consistency.
- Makes it faster and easier to coin your captions, since you know the end style.
- Improve reader engagement. They know your style, thereby reading faster and improving the chances of commenting.
Finally, don’t Obsess over Captions – Keep it Natural
Let it be natural and don’t stress over creating the “Perfect” caption. This not only distracts you from your Instagram experience but alienates you from your followers. Remember, that Insta is all about being social and having fun in the process.
The Last Word
When you want the audience to understand your content within seconds, a good caption goes a long way.
The hook is to keep it crisp and relevant. At a time when Instagram is becoming such a powerful tool to market your brand, funny captions are the cool twist.
After all, who doesn’t appreciate a humour after a long day at work!
Don’t let your Instagram captions be an afterthought. While writing great Insta captions may feel hard, with a bit of practice, you master the secrets of the game.
Remember, that whether you’re looking to boost your personal page or improve the engagement rates of your brand, good captions are indeed a game changer for your Instagram marketing strategies!
In psychological terms, funny content positive emotions in human brain.
People feel better when they laugh or chuckle over something they find hilarious. People look for such outlets of emotions because it helps them de-stress.
If businesses want their customers to really remember them, they must advertise themselves in a funny way so that customers associate the brand or company with happiness and positivity.
That is how you want your followers to remember you.
Use these funny Instagram captions and make your Insta feed funny and interesting, just like you.